Sunday, August 19, 2012

April Cornell is In The House

     Recently the April Cornell website had a half-off sale.  I stocked up with table runners, placemats and napkins.  But the buying spree did not stop there.  I discovered that Tuesday Morning carries quite a bit of April Cornell products, so I ventured out to several of the Tuesday Morning stores in the St. Louis area.  I've got a lot of new linens to play with.

I had no visitors this weekend, but decided to do a tablescape anyhow.  I can use it next weekend.

But first, I brought in a new/old piece of furniture to the house, an old 1960's maple buffet.  I had it painted and the glass doors removed.  Check it out.  I LOVE IT.







     Once I got the hutch put together and the dishes in it, I decided to do a tablescape, even though no guests for the weekend. 



View from the loft.


White plates are Gibson, Flowered plates are Home Goods find, and the small flower plates and bowls are Cindy Crawford for JCP.


Napkins from Kohls.  Table Runner April Cornell.  Lantern antique a friend gave me.

The table was bought when I first married, in 1986.  It is a heavy wood, and it was stained cherry.  Over time my taste has changed and no longer like the cherry wood stain.  I got up the nerve to paint it navy blue.  I sanded down the table to try and get the gloss off and then stained and rubbed it down.  It's given it an updated look.  And I love blue.



This weekend was quite boring, compared to most.  The neighbor dog, whom I call "Daisy" came by to visit our three dogs.  She's lab and has such energy and happiness, runs and leaps in the air and is always looking for someone to play with her.  I laughed so hard when she grabbed this big stick and wanted to play fetch.  And she loves to lay in the creek.



Rick was working on a parking area for the Ozark Trail users down the road from my house, so I ran by to bring him some sausage, rolls and coffee.  I threw a few logs around.  I guess a little help is better than no help.


If you are a trail biker, hiker, or equestrian, please visit the Ozark Trail in Missouri.  It has a fabulous website to guide you and is maintained by volunteers. 

 am linking this tablescape to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch, Tablescape Thursday http://betweennapsontheporch.net/your-beautiful-summertime-tablescapes-the-205th-tablescape-thursday/








Linda

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, such fabulous shots my friend!! Loving your dining room and tablescape with those lovely flower plates, sooo cute!! Your hutch is awesome too! Adorable doggie and you're so nice to bring your "worker" such yummy goodies to reward him for his hard work. Have a terrific week, Linda.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks sweet Linda for your great comments! I'm sorry they don't like walnut cake, but this is the one from hubby's granny and it's just terrific, maybe I'll give you the recipe, as it's a home made recipe, type. Yeah, I love that antique Belgium buffet too, it was a terrific find back in March 2012. Enjoy your week.
    Love,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from TT at Susan's blog. Love this runner, the colors are gorgeous. Daisy is a cutie pie, isn't she? xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you hutch! The finish is beautiful and makes all your dishes pop! Your home made me think of a house my husband is working on for a friend of ours. They are building a cypress log cabin. I saw it for the first time yesterday but forgot my camera at home, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great photos!
    I'll be happy if you check out my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right, I do love the hutch -- and the table and the dishes!!! And your house!

    Thanks so much for your kind comments, and I look forward to exploring your blog -- you sound like an interesting person I want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color of your hutch, Linda. I on an April Cornell tablescape contest last year and got $100 towards their site shopping money for a price. that was fun! Happy New Year, Linda!......Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda,
    I see how you love April Cornell. Hope you are able to fins some at your Tuesday Morning!
    My store had LOTS to choose from.
    Lori@ JasmineBrook

    ReplyDelete