Friday, March 15, 2013

Cabin pictures 2013

     I've been busy rearranging furniture at the house.  Below are pictures of my latest furniture moving extravaganza.

     I was able to squeeze half of the bar that was on the porch into this room.




     The buffet was made from old kitchen cabinetry and topped with plywood and handmade Mexican tiles. My friend Melissa and I spent a couple days tiling.  It was a learning experience for both of us.



 
Close up shot of the buffet top.
 
This maple buffet was bought at a used furniture store.  Judy from August Gardens, next door to the furniture store, hauled the piece to her shop and custom painted it for me.



                My friend Melissa again helped me tile the backsplash.

 
 
This is the redone bed/gun/dog room.
 

 
 
This bedroom still needs some work.
 
 

                I managed to squeeze another bed in here.



       The sleeping loft still needs more decorating and fluffing.



We had this porch built a couple of years ago.  We get a lot of use from it.







                                  IT NEEDS A GOOD SPRING CLEANING





The neighbor's dog, Daisy, drug this over to chew on last weekend while visiting our dogs.



                                                                       That's all for now.

Linda

5 comments:

  1. Your place is always changing & always cool. Tile lady Melissa sends her greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your log cabin, Linda. It looks so cozy. I love the tile work and I want to have a friend like Melissa....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT place. I would love the opportunity to have a place like this to decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous place you have!
    You did a really wonderful job on that buffet...love the tile and I love that blue couch!
    Happy Easter,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for coming to visit! I was actually already following your blog; you have a wonderful vacation property!

    ReplyDelete