Sunday, February 27, 2011

Huzzah Valley Breakfast

     I love my weekends.  Rob and I and Carl & Hershey (the labs) went to the Cabin this weekend.   We were invited to dine with our good friends, Phil and Melissa, at their Ozark retreat.  After a delicious Mexican dinner and a few beers, we built a roaring fire.  I decided to warm my tootsies.


Beautiful Fire




Phil was feeling Funky, so we pushed the furniture out and he broke into a break dance.  Keep in mind, we're all in our fifties.



Another shot of Phil.



Looked fun to me, so I thought I'd give it a shot.  Look at Rick sitting in that chair staring into space.  He's so tired from working outside all day.  He looks comatose.



Whoops.  Forgot I have a bad foot, heel spur/plantar fascitis.  Landed hard on my bad foot and something inside snapped like a rubberband.  Iced my foot down the rest of the evening.  Could barely walk.
But being the gracious hostess that I am, Phil and Melissa were invited to our place for a Huzzah Valley Breakfast at 10:00 a.m.



Breakfast served on the little kitchen island.  Jim Shore bowl.



How doesn't like sausage and pancakes?  Good ole Aunt Jemima.  You can't beat it.





This is where all the action happens.  The double burner griddle makes preparing large meals quick and easy.  It has a non stick surface.   Great things can happen even in a humble kitchen.

The Jim Shore plates Ipurchased at TJ Maxx came in three different scenes.  These plates are large and heavy.






The whimsical rooster was given to me by Melissa as a housewarming when we first purchased the Cabin.


I pulled some silk flowers out of an arrangement and placed them in glass soda bottles.







Melisssa and I planned on trail riding after breakfast.  Even had a new pair of lined oilskin chaps to try out.



But sine the Break Dancing incident, my foot hurt like a son-of-a-gun, and thought I'd better not ride.
Did I say gun?  We have a shooting range out back of the house, so we all decided to try out Rob's new  22 and bench.

Melissa



Phil



Rob



and myself, Linda



JUST A GROUP OF OLE FARTS HAVING A GOOD TIME.

Linda




10 comments:

  1. Hope your foot starts feeling better soon. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cabin in the Ozarks....sounds great to me! I could almost smell the pines, and the roaring fire made me feel so cozy. Your dancing made me laugh....so funny, and FUN! Plates by Jim Shore are just perfect with your table runner and look like they must be right at home in your cabin! My favorite one has the gate and path, birdhouses and barm........did not know he made plates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda...

    Mmmm...that breakfast looks absolutely divine! I totally agree..nothing like hotcakes and sausage to start the day! Ohhh...and I love your Jim Shore plates...they really are beautiful and set a colorful and cheery table!

    Sure looks like ya'll had a great weekend! Your break dancing/sore foot experience reminds me of when I decided to show my step-daughter how to do the splits (about 7 yrs. ago). Hmmm...didn't really stop to think that it had been at least a couple of years since I had done them (wink)...eeeks! Just let me say that I was laid up for the next week...could hardly walk! Hehe!

    Well my friend, thanks so much for sharing your fun weekend with us! I also wanted to thank you for stopping by and taking a peek at my little tablescape! I sure enjoyed your visit and sweet note!!!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so hope you are feeling better now. Your breakfast table looks so warm and inviting. Jim Shore plates are the best! Loved seeing the breakdancers too. Thanks for dropping in with your very kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Linda, you certainly are having a lot of fun out there, except for the injury! Hope you feel better--I think pancakes help! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't anyone ever tell you that "old(er)" bones break easy and take longer to heal! Take it easy, woman...your breakfast table looks wonderful. I love those plates, in fact had thought of buying them at one time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH. MY. GOD. This is too funny!!!

    I am trying to decide which I would want to be invited over for....breakfast or beers and break dancing. Hmmmm. How about both!

    I laughed my ass off at these break dancing pictures. It reminded me of the time that my husband was watching a women's gymnastics competition and told me that women should always greet their husbands with such routines.

    The next night, he was coming home after a bad day at work. I wanted to cheer him up so, remembering his gymnastics comment, I went running out the front door doing my best gymnast routine as he pulled into the driveway.

    I was fine until I decided to do a somersault, the first one that I had done in, oh, about 40 years! Halfway through, I got stuck! Couldn't get out of it backwards or forwards. My husband is laughing away not knowing that I am beginning to panic. When I finally managed to flip on over, I felt something pop. Loudly!

    Four years later, I still have issues in that spot. My gymnastics career began and ended on the same night!

    Thanks for a good laugh and a trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does look like a good time. I love target practicing.
    Sorry about your foot. How's it doing?
    Breakfast looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun weekend~ how wonderful to have a cabin getaway! Love your Jim Shore plates!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is your foot ok now Linda? I was visiting and found this post, I love where you live, it also looks like fun! Yes, the table is marble and floor in our social area is white marble and the squares are onix...can you see the floor a little? Yeah, I loved my hubby's gift for our 36th. Thank you so much for your so generous comments. Drop by my post: Thanksgiving 2010. No, there's no more on sale left, they were hand made. Had I knew you before I would have sent you some, or whatever, we sent them all over Europe and some parts of the USA.
    Love
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete